[nfbcs] getting critical

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Tue Sep 7 09:15:05 UTC 2010

Honestly, I'm not sure. I used it with JAWS years ago, but I used
version 2.something or maybe even 1.something of thunderbird back then.
I imagine it could be made to work as long as JAWS still works ok with
firefox since they use the same rendering engine. I think the main
problem you'd run into would be with the virtual cursor. That is, the
virtual cursor might kick on while you're composing a message. I've
heard that version 3.1 of Thunderbird has some accessibility issues, but
haven't had time to check it out for myself.

As for it's use with Window-Eyes, most of the features work. There are a
couple that  don't work as well as they could, but at least for me it
doesn't interfear with my ability to use it for day to day email use. I
think a similar experience could be had with JAWS, though it might
require some tinkering like Window-Eyes did.
--
They say god has always been. Linux and I will now disprove that:
$ ar m God