[nfbcs] looking for CS mentor

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 25 21:31:20 UTC 2013

I used to use a program called OpenSsh for Windows. I wrote a jaws
script for it that did things like silenced jaws when you were typing in
a password.  But I lost the script because I switched to linux full
time. I figured I'd never need the jaws script again.  Maybe somebody on
this list made a copy of it.

I never found jaws scripts for putty that worked. In order to use jaws
effectively, you might need to learn how to write scripts for it.  The
part of my openssh script that silenced jaws when you were typing in a
password would work for putty.  You could start with my openssh script
(if you can find it) but you'd have to adapt it for putty.

You might consider using linux when you need to do something via ssh.
Linux is way, way better at working with other linux machines than
Windows is. Learning to use linux is something you will not regret if
you are going to major in Comp Sci.