[nfbcs] FW: your advice would be appreciatedFW: [List] Handling

Nancy Coffman nancylc at sprynet.com
Wed Jun 26 19:17:11 UTC 2013

hello everyone,  I hope your professor can get over the surprise of finding a blind person in the class. One thing I would talk with school officials and your professor about is the possibility of changing the emphasis from the visual elements (some) to designing for accessibility. Let them know that you are concerned about the attractiveness but would prefer to make your emphasis be on creating pages that are useful to people who have a variety of technology concerns such as blind ness, need for an

 alternative color set, a hearing impairment that requires captions or a seisure disorder that limits screen flicker.  Getting the school to think about aspects of the class that are outside the box may work in your favor and get the school to think about whether they have other programs and practices that should be more accessible to people with disabilities than they are.  Keep us posted on how things go.  Nancy Coffman
Sent from my iPhone