[nfbcs] LaTeX and Accessible Documents

Joseph C. Lininger devnull-nfbcs at pcdesk.net
Tue Dec 16 05:18:54 UTC 2014

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,
I am currently working on a free cryptography library called FCL. Part
of the materials generated from this project are a set of english
descriptions for the ciphers, block cipher modes, hash functions, etc. I
plan to distribute these with the project, and I might compile them
together and distribute them as documents on my web site or something
like that.

Having run into the problem of accessibility of mathematical and other
tehcnical material first hand, I had hoped to make these materials
accessible. I used the LaTeX type setting system to write these
documents. I could simply provide the LaTeX source as an option since
the PDF's are not particularly accessible, or I could do something else
if people have suggestions on something that might be better. Does
anyone have any ideas as to how I could make a more accessible
end-product from my LaTeX sources? This information would also be useful
to me for situations where I want to share something like an academic
paper I wrote with my blind friends, as I use LaTeX for those as well.