[nfbcs] new laptop needed and Word training

David Goldfield happycatholic1211 at aol.com
Sat Jan 24 09:37:28 UTC 2015

Eden,
I gather from your message that you're a Windows 7 user? I know that a
lot of people get very concerned about making the transition from
Windows 7 to Windows 8.1. While I certainly admit there are differences,
they are not as dramatic as some users might have you believe. The big
difference is in what is called the start screen, which has replaced the
start menu we've gotten used to with earlier editions of Windows. while
I admit that the new start screen is very different from the familiar
start menu, you can download programs such as Classic shell
www.classicshell.net
which can revert your Windows 8.1 system to a more familiar Win7 interface.
For training materials, I would recommend Cathy Anne Murtha
http://www.blindtraining.com/

Feel free to visit my new Web site
http://www.DavidGoldfield.info

Feel free to visit my LinkedIn profile
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-goldfield/12/929/573

Visit my blog
http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://www.twitter.com/davidgoldfield

         David Goldfield,
        Founder and Peer Coordinator

    Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired
To learn more about the users' group, visit
http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2014/04/20/updated-faqphiladelphia-computer-users-group-for-the-blind-and-visually-impaired/