[nfbcs] Terminal Shell:

Currin, Kevin kwcurrin at email.unc.edu
Sat Oct 3 01:38:54 UTC 2015

Hey Charles,

Yes, cygwin is great:
https://cygwin.com/

It is a full terminal emulator, not just ssh. However, the ssh works great.

I have to add that with any terminal program with jaws or NVDA or any other non-linux screen reader, there are some stability issues. After using ssh for
a while with jaws and cygwin, jaws starts reading unrelated output when I enter a command (usually earlier output or something like that). It helps to
frequently clear the screen with ctrl+l. I have found Orca to be much more stable, but I do agree with you that its speech isn't as nice to listen to.

Thanks,

Kevin