[nfbcs] Learning Programming Languages

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Apr 14 13:49:17 UTC 2017

For me, a key part of learning a new language is using it.
If you don't have a specific need, then I think you should choose a language
you can use with the tools you have and you can see the results.  HTML or
XML might be good.

I recently needed to learn SQL for work.  My workplace provided me with the
standard SQL setup, and the authorizations to use our SQL databases.  Then I
got a couple books on SQL from Bookshare, studied them, experimented with
running some SQL code, asked the book, Google, and my colleagues at work why
my code didn't work, repeated the process many times, and now I can code in
SQL.
Hope this makes sense to you.
Tracy