[nfbcs] Where to start in computer science:

Mike Gorse mike at straddlethebox.org
Sat Jan 27 01:52:40 UTC 2018

Hi Kendra,

LaTeX isn't a general-purpose programming language. It is a typesetting
language that you might use to, say, write a thesis that you can then
process to generate a pdf. It can also be a tool that a blind person might
find helpful for writing math (for example, typing "\alpha" will generate
an alpha). There is a bit of a learning curve, but, yeah, it may come in
handy. I don't have any suggestions in particular as far as learning
it--it's been a long time since I've actually used it--I found this book
with a quick google:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX

As far as Python goes, I'm not surprised that it was suggested to you.

-Mike