[NFBCS] Windows 7 Support Has Ended As Of January 14, 2020

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 01:58:14 UTC 2020

I'm not really disagreeing with you, but I don't see how Microsoft
forcing OEM's to pay for a Windows license on a per CPU basis is related
to them pulling support for Windows Seven after ten years. I hate the
practice, because as you say, I'm paying for a Windows license even if I
never intend to run Windows on my PC.

I assume the reason people want to keep running Windows Seven is because
there's something they don't like about Windows 10, but given the issues
with IOS 13, there were also a lot of people who didn't want to move up
from IOS 12, but they had no option if they wanted to continue to get
Apple support. I get that they got a free upgrade to IOS 13, but I also
got a free upgrade to Windows 10 on my virtual machine and previous laptop.

I'm not saying Microsoft is a saint, but I don't think they're a villain
either for supporting an operating system version for 10 years.

--
Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail