[NFBCS] reducing picture size

Michael McQuaid mickmcquaid at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:01:20 UTC 2020

A fairly accessible way to do this might be to use the Imagemagick package.
Image scaling and resizing is described here:
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/resize/

There are many ways to do it documented on that page, depending on the
effect you are after.

The actual command-line program to do it is called convert but you must
first download the Imagemagick package.

On macOS, this is done by saying "brew install imagemagick" at the command
line. I have no idea how to do it on Windows. The homepage at
https://imagemagick.org/ does say that it runs on Windows, Linux, iOS,
Android, and others, so I'm guessing there are install instructions in
there for each operating system.

If you provide more details I may be able to help further.

- Mick