[NFBCS] Webex and accessibility?

Brian Shell shellbr at runbox.com
Wed Nov 18 14:06:10 UTC 2020

I only use PC so this may not apply but... on PC WebEx tends to get stuck on whatever mic you last used. So for example if I was using the built in mic and speakers and now want to switch to my USB headset, I have to manually select it in the audio options within WebEx.  I've had some success by setting WebEx to “use system default”. Then exit WebEx completely (exit from system tray), plug in whatever I want to use, let windows find it, and reopen WebEx. I’ve also had trouble getting it to work on sound cards that use ASIO drivers.

So you’re not alone in audio device quirks.

Brian