[NFBCS] problems with JAWS 2021 and my Linovo laptop

Jim Denham jdenham at wcblind.org
Mon Feb 1 15:31:01 UTC 2021

Liz:

You may want to check the status of the use unified keyboard processing in the JAWS configuration manager. Open the Config Manager with JAWS key + 6 on the number row. Once this is open, Shift Tab to the list of applications and select default by pressing D.
Now, press tab once to get to the search box and type keyboard.
Press down arrow and you should find a setting for Use Unified Keyboard Processing.
This should be unchecked. If it is checked, this may be what is causing your issues.
Once you change the control, tab to OK and press enter to save these changes.
Also, you may want to try using JAWS in default mode to see if these issues still occur. To do this, press JAWS Key + Space and then press Z. This causes JAWS to use default settings.
Hope this helps.
Jim