[NFBCS] Making Outlook my Default Program in Mecrosoft Edge

Leslie Fairall fairall at shellworld.net
Wed Feb 3 17:44:51 UTC 2021

Hi Jim:

Thanks for your answer. Here's my problem and the answer I received from
tech support at school.

We have two email addresses. One is through Gmail, but it's able to retain
the school name with the edu extension. The other email address is
normally accessed through the web portal in one of our classes. This
address has been forwarded to the bobcats.gcsu.edu address, which is set up
through Outlook. I don't have a problem receiving these forwarded
messages, but my replies keep bouncing back to me. Tech support stated
that I need to make sure Outlook is my default program in Microsoft Edge.
I was able to change my default email program to Outlook (I think), but my
problem continues where my replies keep bouncing back. So, for Example, if a
student sends a message to me from their web portal, I receive their
message but my reply to them bounces back. I have to log back into my
class to answer their message. I'll paste the error message I receive below
to see if anyone has suggestions. I hope this explanation makes sense.
I'd sure like to fix the problem.

Message not delivered
Your message couldn't be delivered to anna.byrne at gcsu.view.usg.edu because
the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more
information.

The response from the remote server was:
554 5.7.1 <anna.byrne at gcsu.view.usg.edu>: Relay access denied

--
Leslie Fairall
mailto:fairall at shellworld.net