[NFBCS] Outlook Issue, Mail Program Recommendation

Peter pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Mon Nov 8 22:54:39 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

                Microsoft Outlook has served us well for many years. For
some time I've been having an issue where Outlook will not reload after
crashing. I use the keyboard shortcut I created to launch Outlook or will
launch it from the search dialogue box. Most of the time this is successful.
On occasions outlook will misbehave. It will crash or I'll need to close it
manually and relaunch it again to correct the problem. Usually Outlook will
relaunch itself after a crash but not always.

                Sometimes after such an event Outlook will close and I am
unable to reopen it via the methods listed above. The only way to make
Outlook behave itself again is to restart the computer. This happens several
times a month too much for my liking. Is there another way to force Outlook
to reopen should launching it from the Start Menu, the Search Dialogue or a
Hot Keyfail?

                A while back I asked about other mail programs. I tried
Microsoft Mail and was surprised how dumbed down that app is compared to
Outlook. If someone can recommend another mail program we can install as a
backup with all of the features of Outlook and free of the mayhem we're
dealing with using Outlook this will be very helpful in insuring we always
have access to our E-Mail. I'll be curious to hear what folks are using
these days where accessibility is concerned. I know some blind people still
use Mozilla Thunderbirrd. I used it a while back and found it a breeze to
use under Windows XP. How has it performed under Windows 10 and 11?  We're
currently running Windows 10 with JAWS For Windows 2020. We use Microsoft
365 which I believe includes a version of Outlook. The other apps in that
suite work very well for us. If Outlook 365 would do likewise on both of our
desktops that would be awesome! Thanks for your help.

Peter Donahue