[NFBCS] E-Mail Issues Again, Mail Client Suggestions Please

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at outlook.com
Thu Nov 11 22:55:55 UTC 2021

Peter,

It is hard to give you a recommendation when we don't know which features you need.  You have eliminated Windows Mail because it is "Dumbed Down" as you said, but that would seem like a good temporary solution since you already have it available.  Are you running Office 365 or other current version?

Frankly, there are things worth trying before you were to reinstall Microsoft Office.  There is a repair process, for one thing, that you can run at least with certain versions.  You should also make sure that your email account has not changed any of its connection parameters without noticing.  If you store your messages on your computer, it might be time to move some messages into a separate Outlook Data File.  You can have trouble with large imap or Microsoft Exchange folders as well.  You could have add-ins running within Outlook that you either don't remember or don't know about.  You could disable add-ins for a while and see if that affects crashes.  There is a checkbox to show add-in errors, and checking that might let you know if you have an add-in that is triggering the problem.

If you are using a virus checker other than Microsoft Defender, make sure you don't have to change any settings to use Microsoft Outlook for it.

There is an email program called Becky that was created by a Japanese company called Rimarts.  I bought it a number of years ago, but there was some issue where Rimarts could not sell it within the United States.  It appears that there might be some resellers now when I do a Google search, but be careful to use a reputable source.  Becky allows one to use without buying for 30 days so one could check it out to see if it would do the job.  It is quite accessible, but some of the interfaces are accessible but different.  There are two settings one needs to change to make it useable with a screen reader, but there is no point going into that unless that seems like an option.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson