[NFBCS] Windows sound card issues we visited, sound on my Dell computer.

Steve Shelton stevesheltonokc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 21:59:16 UTC 2022

Maurice –

I think I’ve resolved the audio issues on my Dell Lattitude with Windows 11. I followed the  steps in the article below and installed the RealTek HD driver.

How to download the Realtek audio driver for Windows 11 (windowsreport.com) <https://windowsreport.com/realtek-audio-driver-windows-11-download/>

Be sure to skip down to the instructions for Dell. The install process will uninstall the current RealTek driver and prompt you to restart Windows. The new driver will be installed automatically during the restart.

When the installation is complete, you will be prompted to restart again. Unfortunately, this happens before JAWS is started so I had no access to the screen. I used See AI on my phone to read the screen to confirm the installation was done. You can press enter and the second restart will begin. You can probably just wait a few minutes and press enter if you don’t have a way to see the restart screen.

I had to go to Sound Settings and change the format for my USB external sound device to CD quality. After that, my audio has been flawless!

  My laptop was shipped with Windows  10 and I upgraded to Windows 11. I’m not sure whether  my problems were caused by running Win 10 RealTek drivers on Win 11 or the process just fixed a corrupted driver?

If you need to reach out to me, you may want to copy my email address below  and send it directly to me. I am getting very few messages from the list.

Regards,

Steve Shelton

steve at sbshelton.com <mailto:steve at sbshelton.com>