[NFBCS] anyone have any experience with pubxml publishing profiles?

Ty Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Thu Aug 11 13:16:23 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I'm currently working on an asp.net project. I've got it wired up so
that each branch builds through jenkins and creates a zip file we can
then publish. The problem is now that I'm adding tools to this that we
can execute from the server, and those need to be included in the
pubxml. The publishing profile is smart unfortunately and excludes
things not needed to run. As a result, however I include these external
tools seems to fail. My first thought was to just copy the output of the
tools into the web app's bin directory under their own folder so that
the app.config files are isolated. Secondly was to just set the output
directory. Either option just gets discarded by the publxml.

Any tips/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,