[NFBCS] Cygwin Problem

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at outlook.com
Tue Mar 22 13:34:39 UTC 2022

Nicole,

Sorry if you got a response more helpful from this one, but if you did I didn't see it.  Could you access CYGWIN Terminal from a desktop shortcut?  If you do that, you can specify if you want it to open maximized in desktop properties and then it should open that way.  Also make sure you don't have an option to change the window size from the Applications menu or even by right-clicking in the app.  Sometimes there is a control at the tope of the window that you can click on to maximize the window.  I assume you tried both ALT-SPACE as well as ALT-DASH.

You would have to do some digging, but there may be INI files with options that control how applications open as well.  Somebody else here may have more specifics than I do as it has been a while since I used CYGWIN, but I thought I remembered doing something to maximize the window.  My recollection is that this is an app ported from another platform and it is pretty common in such cases that not all aspects of an operating system are supported.  I'm not arguing that this is right or wrong.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson