[NFBCS] Credit Card Management Packages

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Tue Nov 8 20:56:37 UTC 2022

Not sure how this is nfb-cs material, but here goes anyway.

Privacy.com lets you create a card per vendor and also enables you to
set limits. I recently had  a card number stolen and much to my dismay,
companies who set you up as billpay through the visa network get your
new card information instantly. This feels unsafe and not super secure.
Privacy does pull from your account instead of your credit card, but I
prefer this anyway. You miss out on points and bonuses unless you pay
them, but the ability to have a card per merchant is amazing. The
secondary bonus is that if your number is stolen, you know exactly which
merchant and have to only renew/replace one card. With the limits, they
can't use that much, and privacy cards only let one merchant per card
charge, so if someone uses your card on ebay, the charge is blocked if
it was previously used somewhere else.