[NFBCS] Browser fingerprinting

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 06:57:34 UTC 2023

Does a screen reader influence your browser fingerprint/footprint/whatever metaphor you use?

Can you use a screen reader with that tail's operating system?

I'm sick of having a browser print. No matter what I do, testing always shows it to be unique. I'm pretty sure places like Facebook have implemented cross-device tracking on me.

Do you have to worry about cross-device tracking in the Fediverse?

I've tried using secure browsers, clearing my cookies, and many other things. Clearing my cookies only helps a tiny bit. I've had slightly better luck with the computer, but the iPhone is tough.

Then I thought maybe I was having so much trouble because I was using a screen reader.

The only thing I can think of is to make a new virtual machine every day, but that might not work and wouldn't be sustainable.

Even if it's not always, I wish I could go around the Internet without being tracked sometimes and have them not manipulate my experience for their purposes.

If I am going to have a custom-made experience on a particular platform, I want to decide what it is or at least have input into its creation.

Sabra Ewing