[NFBCS] opening a PDF document in Windows using a browser like Edge rather than Adobe Acrobat

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 18:09:43 UTC 2024

Hello John:

Adobe Acrobat continues to be my go to when it comes to reading and
processing PDF documents. The fact that you received a blank screen
indicates a setting is not quite right in Adobe's software.

A key thing to remember about why using Adobe Reader is truly helpful is
that JAWS can perform OCR against a PDF file if it is opened using Adobe but
not if it is opened in Edge or another browser.

There are some accessibility settings that Adobe Reader needs to have set
which, alas, are not the defaults for that program. I'd be glad to work with
you on that offline.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong