[Nfbespanol-talk] Contracted Spanish Braille Code

Alpidio Rolon arguza at attglobal.net
Mon Apr 11 08:43:42 UTC 2016

Mr. Mason:

You should first of all know, that there is only one grade of Braille in Spanish.  Spanish
speaking countries use different set of abbreviations.  On the other hand, there is
agreement on punctuation and mathematical symbols.  I have attached a document that covers
what is known as the 1987 Uruguay agreement, in which Braille printers agreed on
mathematical and punctuation symbols.  Feel free to call me anytime at (787) 781-9071.

Alpidio Rolón
President
NFB of Puerto Rico