[Nfbf-l] Iowa decision goes against dog users

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Tue Feb 24 02:13:58 UTC 2009

Hello David,

I was a cane user for over 30 years before getting a guide dog.  When I
applied to the school I had to list my O&M instructors and I know they
contacted them to check on my training.  I Also, during my interview I went
for a walk with the trainer using my cane.

I suppose you are right, we can pick our schools and training centers.  I
have never actually been to a training center, I have just been successful
on my own figuring out solutions as the problems arose.  Necessity is the
mother of invention.  Considering I have been married for over 35 years and
I raised two kids, I must have done OK.

JODY