[Nfbf-l] Sight is Required

petercerullo at aol.com petercerullo at aol.com
Sun Jun 26 22:44:52 UTC 2011

Hey Blind Biker!
This is the Midnight Rider doing another late night run over the Greater Daytona Beach area, I'm taking a ride down main street over the bridge to the blind rehab center.  Hey brother, you and I use to run our imagination to the max.  What the hey heck happen to you?  If memory serves me correctly, you were the one who ignited my passion to want to ride my first "fat boy" Harley!  It doesn't make a difference whether you are sighted, blind, deaf, dumb or even just plain old crazy, why would you want to extinguish the flame that ignites the passion of others who want to find joy in whatever adventure they seek?

I want to take a moment to thank some of my friends like Eric Wainmeyer for his many brave climbs' to the top.  Lance Armstrong a cancer survivor who has championed the cycling world.  Pam and Roland Allen for turning me on to white water rafting and making me believe that this nuisance I carry into a predominantly sighted society is just that a "nuisance" not a "hindrance" to any challenge that I desire to pursue.  I also want to thank Mark Ricobono for making history and for giving many young people who are blind and visually impaired some hope that they can someday independently be able to drive a vehicle too.  Kudos to Chris Scheppes for his sailing and nautical abilities. And, one of my most cherished moments was witnessing Mr. Rick Brown strutting through the double glass doors of the rehab dormitory on his titanium pegs after losing his second leg to diabetes, I am sure he will soon be scheduled to waltz across the stage with his lovely wife Laurel as they become the next contestants on "Dancing with the stars"  I truly believe that we will even see Mr. Brown slam dunking the B-ball as the LA Lakers sign him to a long term contract.

Blind Biker let me return the favor by re-igniting your passion by reminding you of all the remarkable accomplishments that you have achieved over the last decade.  Open up your mind's eye and allow yourself to see the possibilities.  Stay Solid and Stand Strong.

Love you brother,
Midnight Rider......