[Nfbf-l] a way for individuals to shop independently through a wide variety of mail order catalogs

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 7 17:45:18 UTC 2012

Dear Friends,

I found this in the October issue of "The Blind Post", and actually I know
nothing about it, but it sounds useful for we the Blind.

Myself, I am not a big Mail Order catalog  user, living in a city of over 4
million people, well if you cannot find it here you cannot find it is my
thoughts, and I can always go get it using Special Transportation, or send
my better half to "fetch it"!

 LOL!

But some might want to check it out.

With Best Regards,

Alan

Miami, Florida

My name is Kathy Eble.  I want to introduce you to Home Readers, a service
for the blind and visually impaired, serving the blind community since 1996.
We are a not for profit 501 c3 organization.  The mission of Home Readers is
to further the independence of the blind and visually impaired.  Our
services provide a way for blind and low vision individuals to shop
independently through a wide variety of mail order catalogs.  Our catalogs
are free to customers and they are read by pleasant sounding readers who
become the eyes for their listeners, by describing products, colors and
details to make products come alive. When you use our catalogs you still get
the extra description that often is missing from websites and catalogs.
This allows you to know what you are purchasing.  If you are a web user our
catalogs can compliment your visit to websites and our special codes should
work on the catalog company's websites.

The clothing catalogs include Blair Men's and Women's, Lands' End, L.L.
Bean, Anthony Richards, Essentials by Anthony Richards, Roaman's and Monroe
and Main. Health and beauty catalogs include Avon, Dr. Leonard's, Puritans
Pride - Vitamins, Easy Comfort, Healthy Living, and Beauty Boutique.  Our
home and housewears section includes CHEF's and Figi's Gift Gallery.  In
gifts and variety catalogs we have Miles Kimball, Vermont Country Store,
Ginny's, Carol Right Gifts, Walter Drake, Windsor Jewelry and Kathy's
Korner. Food catalogs include Swiss Colony and Figi's. We also read the LS&S
Catalog for the blind and visually impaired, Country Music Greats and
Care-A-Lot Pet Supplies.

We have over three hundred and fifty affordable priced cookbooks available
at Home Readers. There are cookbooks with 3 and 4 ingredients, appetizers,
baking, canning and preserving, casseroles, country cooking, diabetic. We
have cookbooks with desserts such as; cakes, cookies, pies, puddings and
mixes.   Also, you will find fish, grilling, healthy, holiday, homestyle
cooking, international, jellies and preserves, low carb, main dishes, one
dish, quick to fix slow cooker, smoothies, soups, stews and variety
cookbooks, plus a few celebrity cookbooks. We also have a Home Readers
master cookbook collection.  This is a digitally recorded master list of all
the cookbooks Home Readers has offered from 1996 to March 2011. If you are
interested in receiving this Master Cookbook collection, call
1-877-814-7323.  Please note that all cookbooks are available on either a
quad track cassette or Daisy MP3 only.

NEW this year Home Readers is offering all cassette cookbooks recorded prior
to 2009 for half price.  This means any cookbook listed on the Home Readers
Master Cookbook Collection that was read prior to 2009 will be available to
you for half the cost.  Not sure if a cookbook you are interested in is
eligible?  Give us a call at 1-877-814-7323 for more information.  Digitally
recorded cookbooks, cookbooks recorded on MP3 daisy books and all books and
magazines are not eligible for this offer.

We would like to invite you to join our cookbook club. Every 2nd month Home
Readers will produce 2 new cookbooks and send them to those who join our
club. Cookbook club members also receive a free cookbook at the end of the
year as a special thank you.  You can pay by credit card and it will be
charged every two months when your cookbooks are sent.  Ask about more
information if you are interested.  To hear a prerecorded message giving the
titles of the two cookbooks available every two months call 1-773-572-7828
and press 4.   If you would like to hear a prerecorded list of the latest
cookbooks available at Home Readers call 1-773-572-7828 and press 3.

If you would like to receive a free audio version of the Home Readers
catalog which lists all the sponsored mail order catalogs with a brief
description of each catalog call us at 1-877-814-7323 and we will mail you a
copy.

Our audio catalogs are available on quad track cassette tape and MP3 daisy
books.  Our website, www.blindaudiocatalogs.com, is where catalogs can be
downloaded straight to your computer or playing device, such as a Victor
Stream, thumb drives (SD cards, and even cell phones if enough memory is
available.)  All the catalogs are sponsored by mail order companies free of
charge and our cookbooks have a small charge to help us with the expenses
involved in our non-sponsored services.

Please call us to place orders at our toll free number 1-877-814-7323 or
place your order online at
http://homereaders.com/
.  Visit
http://www.blindaudiocatalogs.com/
if you would prefer to download catalogs or the latest version of The Blind
Post.  Visit often as things change from time to time and you can follow our
blog and find links of interest on
http://www.blindaudiocatalogs.com/page/479125581
  You can follow Home Readers on Facebook for info, special offers and lots
of fun with the gift & gab group.
Note: The Facebook button is on  the blog page.