[Nfbf-l] {Disarmed} Fw: Stand up for Uber in Florida!

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Wed Mar 11 15:55:20 UTC 2015

Sherri,

	Though you may not have had issues with Uber, many other guide &
service dog users have. I have a message from Uber's national office that
they train all their drivers on the ADA, but also allow drivers an exemption
from taking service dogs if they have religious objections or have an
allergy or fear of dogs. IMO, they cannot have it both ways! At the same
time, if Uber were regulated as a taxi service - something they oppose with
the argument that they are not a taxicab but an app - perhaps we would have
some recourse when we are discriminated against.

Marion Gwizdala