[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-Leaders] NFB of SC virtual state convention this weekend

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Thu Aug 20 19:41:51 UTC 2020

From: NFBF-Leaders <nfbf-leaders-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Denise Valkema via NFBF-Leaders
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 11:19 AM
To: NFBF <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>; NFBF <nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Denise Valkema <valkemadenise at aol.com>
Subject: [NFBF-Leaders] NFB of SC virtual state convention this weekend

President  of South Carolina, Frank Coppel, was our guest speaker on our Sunrise & Shine with NFB Newsline zoom meeting today. He shared with us some history of the affiliate and invited us to participate in the virtual state convention. It would be great for Florida federationists to join and learn. Put FL in front of your name so Florida is together in the line up. The agenda is attached and pasted below:

Virtual Convention for the NFB of SC 2020!

Posted on August 12, 2020 by  <https://nfbofsc.org/?author=4> Steve Cook

64th ANNUAL NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF SOUTH CAROLINA VIRTUAL STATE CONVENTION!

August 21, 22, 23, 2020

OF SOUTH CAROLINA

THEME “working together to help blind people live the lives they want”

Integrity and Respect

To allow all attendees the chance to benefit from all aspects of the convention, we are committed to providing a harassment-free environment for everyone. We appreciate your assistance in cultivating an atmosphere in which participants from diverse backgrounds may learn, network, and share with each other in an environment of mutual respect. Thank you for doing your part to contribute to our community and the high expectations we strive to maintain.

One Minute Message

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day, we raise the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.  You can live the life you want:  blindness is not what holds you back.

Thank you to Sponsors

VANDA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

ALL STATE CONVENTION ACTIVITIES WILL BE HELD VIA THE Zoom platform

Instructions to Join all Zoom Meetings

 <https://zoom.us/j/8032543777> https://zoom.us/j/8032543777 Meeting ID:  <tel:803%20254%203777> 803 254 3777

If you have a smart phone, just click below and it will dial in for you:

 <tel:+19292056099,,8032543777> +19292056099,,8032543777#

Or, you can dial in from your land phone:

 <tel:929%20205%206099> 929 205 6099

Meeting Id no.  <tel:803%20254%20377> 803 254 377

Instructions for listening on an Echo device

Wake word Alexa: call  <tel:929%20205%206099> 929 205 6099

Just like calling on the phone, you will hear “welcome to Zoom. “

Meeting ID when prompted, then say wake word Alexa: Press 803 254 3777pound

Then say Alexa Press pound to enter the meeting

Wake word Alexa: Press *6 to mute and unmute

Friday August 21, 2020