[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: Weekend Devotion: (Sun., May 17, 2020) Be Encouraged!

Joyce Taylor dr.joycetaylor56 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 03:53:50 UTC 2020

From: Joyce Taylor <dr.joycetaylor56 at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 11:50 PM
To: 'nfbfl-faith at groups.io' <nfbfl-faith at groups.io>
Subject: Weekend Devotion: (Sun., May 17, 2020) Be Encouraged!

Hello Everyone!  Praise the Lord!  Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from
heaven and earth, with wisdom, power and love, and His name is above every
Name.  The Bible tells us in Psalms 8:9 "O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is
thy Name in all the earth.  Our God is dependable and we can lean on and
trust in Him.  Proverbs 3:5&6 states"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,
and lean not to thy own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge Him and
He will direct our paths.  Yes, you can trust Him; no matter what it may
look like today.      This is not the time to stagger at the Promises of
God!  Follow God's instructions and be obedient to His Word and we shall
inherit eternal life.  Remember, this is not our home, even though we act
like it is.  We are pilgrims passing through.  So enjoy life to the fullest
and be like Paul in Phil. 1:21 "to live is Christ, to die is gain" because
if we live right, heaven belongs to us!

God bless,

Dr. Joyce Taylor, VP, MSCC

Communities of Faith Committee Member

Be encouraged by Pastor Rick's meswsage below:

When you're facing a trial, the most important thing you can do is focus on
and trust in God.

Remember that God is always with you and he can bring good out of even the
most difficult situations.

Nothing you could ever face-including what's happening right now-is beyond
God's control or concern. He is greater than all of it and you can trust him
to take care of your every need because he cares for you. You'll never walk
through anything alone.

That's God's promise to you and me in Isaiah 43:2. Take a look:

When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When
you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk
through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up-the flames will
not consume you. (TLB)

Right now, it may seem like everything important in your life is out of
control. You may be worried about your family, your health, your home, or
your finances.

In navigating times of crisis, we need to follow the biblical principles
that provide us with a firm foundation. The prophet Daniel stayed true to
these when he was faced with hostile circumstances, even situations where
his life hung in the balance.

Lord, help us to become more Christlike and to love others the way that you
demonstrate so beautifully.

I pray it encourages you as you seek God each day. And I know that as you
do, he'll give you an eternal perspective of the bigger picture he's working
out in your life and in this world-one where he is in control and faithful
to keep every one of his promises.

God bless you,

Pastor Rick Warren

<http://messaging.saddleback.org/ct/55535327:6VQiaobNH:m:1:3025321960:F2DEEC
C3FECB83705195721DEFC22A9B:r> Give + get my copy >>

Pastor Rick