[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-Leaders] Greater Jacksonville's Meet the Blind Month event October 21st, 2020 being held virtually. Everyone is welcome!

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Sat Oct 17 23:41:57 UTC 2020

From: NFBF-Leaders <nfbf-leaders-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Russell
Davis via NFBF-Leaders
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2020 2:39 PM
To: nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org
Cc: Russell Davis <russell at radiorusty.com>
Subject: [NFBF-Leaders] Greater Jacksonville's Meet the Blind Month event
October 21st, 2020 being held virtually. Everyone is welcome!

Hello Fellow Federationist!

So many wonderful events have taken place this month throughout the state of
Florida in celebration of "White Cane Awareness Day", "Meet the Blind Month"
and "Disability Employment Awareness Month", (to name just a few). Seeing
all the posts come across my email inbox from all of our chapters raised my
level of excitement for the event being held by The Greater Jacksonville
Chapter on Wednesday, October 21st at 6:30 p.m. Our virtual celebration was
originally viewed as a Zoom gathering mostly comprised of local folks from
the Northeast Florida area, but the more our Chapter members discussed the
purpose and focus of the event, the more we wanted to invite our  friends
and family from all over to join us.

We wanted the name of the Zoom event to capture the essence energy and
excitement  of our discussion forum  and so decided to title it, "We Make a
Difference, You Can Too"!

We are truly appreciative for all of those in the sighted community who make
a positive impact in the lives of blind individuals, but know without a
doubt that we, the blind,  make a tremendous difference in the lives of
those around us every day. We hope very much that the messages delivered at
the gathering on October 21st will serve as inspiration to all of those in
attendance.

The flyer for the event is attached to this email. The Zoom meeting
information is listed below.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday, please feel free to spread
the word about our Meet the Blind Month activity.

NFB Greater Jacksonville is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NFB of Greater Jacksonville's Meet the Blind Month Activity,  "We
make a difference, and you can too."

Time: Oct 21, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9851473331

Meeting ID: 985 147 3331

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,9851473331#

Direct dial phone and meeting id information:

1-646-876-9923

Meeting ID: 985 147 3331

Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdzCWkWyRV