[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-Leaders] Here's a Sunrise and Shine you don't want to miss...two incredible guest speakers. The Blind History Lady and more. Tomorrow, Janaury 7th

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Wed Jan 6 23:09:07 UTC 2021

From: NFBF-Leaders <nfbf-leaders-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Russell Davis via NFBF-Leaders
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 2:09 PM
To: nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org; nfbf-l at nfbnet.org
Cc: Russell Davis <russell at radiorusty.com>
Subject: [NFBF-Leaders] Here's a Sunrise and Shine you don't want to miss...two incredible guest speakers. The Blind History Lady and more. Tomorrow, Janaury 7th

***before closing this email out, please think about others you know who might find this topic and terrifically fun call interesting...and feel free to forward the email onto them. Inviting others to join us is perfectly fine. If you are outside of Florida, that's great too, sharing this with your local groups and Affiliates would be awesome and would be a great way for us to grow our Sunrise and Shine family.***

Hello and welcome to a brand new year,

As promised during previous calls and emails, we're kicking off 2021 with a bang and with two wonderful guest speakers.

The Greater Jacksonville Chapter of the NFB of Florida President, Kaye Baker, will get us started tomorrow with an update on the most recent round of Federal Stimulus payments. Because some of us out there still have questions about these payments, Kaye will lend her expertise in this area and provide  some much needed information. Thanks so much to Kaye in advance for taking the time away from her job to come and visit with us on Sunrise and Shine.

After Kaye has finished her brief talk, we will be joined by another wonderful guest, Peggy Chong, known by so many as, "The Blind History Lady". Peggy is the author of several books and countless articles about blind individuals reaching far back in time. The stories are fascinating and inspiring. I met Peggy several years ago at an NFB national convention in Orlando, and have been following her writings ever since. You will be captivated by  the stories she has to share. Turns out too that Peggy is a previous director of NFB Newsline at the NFB's national office in Baltimore. When she told me about this in a recent phone call, I thought I'd been given a bonus. You can bet I'll have her tell us about the history of Newsline, (how could I resist)?

We always have a great time together, learning a bit about NFB Newsline, learning from one another and sharing what we've been up to. Tomorrow morning, January 7th,  at 10:00 a.m., we'll do just that!

I hope you will take the time to stop by and say hello. If you haven't yet joined us on these fantastic Zoom calls, I know you will find the regulars who have been joining us since the beginning, to be warm and welcoming.
Sometimes the chatter gets a bit lively, but that's all part of the fun, (or maybe it's the strong coffee from Swaziland).

Again, we will use the Zoom platform for the call, but if you haven't spent much time on Zoom, don't let that keep you away either. There are several different ways to call in, including the familiar conference call method of using your landline or mobile phone to dial a phone number and  access code.
I hope that with Sunrise and Shines out of the ordinary time slot , we will get to hear from some of the family and friends we have been missing.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me before the call at our NFB Newsline of Florida toll-free support line. Check the bottom of this email for the Zoom call-in instructions. Looking forward to visiting with you this Thursday. Who’s bringing the hot soup, warm blankets and the fake fireplace logs??

Russ Davis, Coordinator
   NFB Newsline of Florida
1-844-827-7371 extension #1
Email: newslinesupport at nfbflorida.org

NFB Florida Newsline is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Sunrise and Shine with NFB Newsline

Date/Time: Thursday, January 7th, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and
Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/96184895393

Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,96184895393# US (New York)

Direct dial access phone number
+1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393

NFBF-L at nfbnet.org

NFBF-L:

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/russell%40radiorusty.com

NFBF-L:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/russell%40radiorusty.com

NFBF-L:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/markspark%40roadrunner.com

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBF-L:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/russell%40radiorusty.com