[NFBF-Tampa] To the nfb tampa chapter list

Ineko Gary rubiigary at gmail.com
Sat May 15 15:06:16 UTC 2021

Hi DAVID

I’m not too young I am about 50 years old. And yes I’ve been having back pain for years in years. But it also has to do with muscle spasms I get all through my body and into my back. That the doctors at my family care is scared that the spasms are close to my spine. And I told my doctor Thursday my new doctor that I’m starting to have numbness and tingling in my left hand and I am I left handed Young woman or young lady. And that I need my hands to see and to read  un contracted braille. And also have bursitis in my right hip and right leg also. So the new doctor is thinking I’m probably starting to have some tingling in my feet also I told her I will let her know when the tingling is as strong as in my hand. And in my legs. But I told her I am doing stretching exercise in my house and she knows being that I am blind with a guide dog she knows I walk a lot and he said that’s also good. I told her I rather continue to do my stretching exercise at home by myself since I am not working because of Covid I don’t wanna have to spend out any more money than I have to and she said since I’m doing a good job at home myself we will not use other means she say cause I’m doing a good job. I told her all of the pain is in my middle of my spine down and when she mashed I flinched and I sign to my sign language interpreter where it hurt. Yes along with me being blind I am also considered deaf blind. So I use a tactile handover hand sign language interpreter for all of my doctors appointments. And for when we have zoom meetings I asked my girlfriend if she can come over and she it’s not have a problem because she have family members that are deaf but she is not a licensed interpreter she just happens to know sign language. I am taking medicine for muscle spasms, and naproxen for deep pain. And my doctor trust me with that medicine because I told her my mom that raised me was a nurse and she taught us how to use medicine like naproxen and codeine and any other medicine is strong like that on how to take it. On the bottle WALGREENS told me it says take as needed. But if I wake up and I’m not hurting I don’t take it. And if I do take one it’ll be like 8 o’clock in the morning and the next one will be 9 o’clock at night.

And my new doctor is praying that I hope I don’t have to have surgery or be in a wheelchair down the road. Because it is bad enough that I am deaf blind and I don’t wanna be in no wheelchair because I live on the second floor and that’s good because it helps with my legs to go up and down the stairs

My new doctor think I started getting spinal stenosis mid 2019 because of the pain I am in now and the last doctor he could not pinpoint it and wasn’t in a rush to do an MRI on my spine. And when he did send out the order for me to do the MRI on my spine he left so I had the MRI done on December 3 of last year right before he left. But there was nobody to take his place until last month of the first. So I had to wait all that time to know the diagnosis. I cried yes because I just have too many problems with my health and I am just tired now but I’m not giving up because I am an auntie three times over and all the kids need me my sisters need me, and my brother who has cancer needs me, and Frisco helps me to keep going

Lots of love always ❤️🤟
Ineko & Frisco

Sent from my iPhone

> [...]
>>>
>>> I put some information down below for those who do not know what spinal stenosis is. You can read it at your own time if you would like to
>>>
>>> Lots of love always ❤️🤟
>>> Ineko & Frisco
>>>
>>> Spinal stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the spinal canal or neural foramen that results in pressure on the spinal cord or nerve roots.[6] Symptoms may include pain, numbness, or weakness in the arms or legs.[1] Symptoms are typically gradual in onset and improve with bending forwards.[1]Severe symptoms may include loss of bladder control, loss of bowel control, or sexual dysfunction.[1]
>>>
>>> Spinal stenosis
>>>
>>> Spinal stenosis
>>> Specialty
>>> Orthopedics, neurosurgery
>>> Symptoms
>>> Pain, numbness, or weakness in the arms or legs[1]
>>> Complications
>>> Loss of bladder control, loss of bowel control, sexual dysfunction[1]
>>> Usual onset
>>> Gradual[1]
>>> Types
>>> Cervical, thoracic, lumbar[2]
>>> Causes
>>> Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, spinal tumors, trauma, Paget's disease of the bone, scoliosis, spondylolisthesis, achondroplasia[3]
>>> Diagnostic method
>>> Based on symptoms and medical imaging[4]
>>> Differential diagnosis
>>> Cauda equina syndrome, osteomylitis, peripheral vascular disease, fibromyalgia[5]
>>> Treatment
>>> Medications, exercises, bracing, surgery.[6]
>>> Medication
>>> NSAIDs, acetaminophen, steroid injections[7]
>>> Frequency
>>> Up to 8% of people[4]
>>> Causes may include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, spinal tumors, trauma, Paget's disease of the bone, scoliosis, spondylolisthesis, and the genetic condition achondroplasia.[3]It can be classified by the part of the spine affected into cervical, thoracic, and lumbar stenosis.[2] Lumbar stenosis is the most common, followed by cervical stenosis.[2]Diagnosis is generally based on symptoms and medical imaging.[4]
>>>
>>> Treatment may involve medications, bracing, or surgery.[6] Medications may include NSAIDs, acetaminophen, or steroid injections.[7] Stretching and strengthening exercises may also be useful.[1] Limiting certain activities may be recommended.[6] Surgery is typically only done if other treatments are not effective, with the usual procedure being a decompressive laminectomy.[7]
>>>
>>> Spinal stenosis occurs in as many as 8% of people.[4] It occurs most commonly in people over the age of 50.[8] Males and females are affected equally often.[9] The first modern description of the condition is from 1803 by Antoine Portal, and there is evidence of the condition dating back to Ancient Egypt.[10]

>>> Types
>>> Diagnosis
>>> Treatments
>>> Epidemiology