[NFBF-Tampa] Convention Costs

marion.gwizdala at verizon.net marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Sat May 27 18:21:53 UTC 2023

Dear Tampa Bay Chapter Members,

                As promised, I have made a list of convention expenses as a
way to set a goal for our chapter. With this goal, if we raise more than the
costs, we win! If we raise less than the goal, we divide it among the
participants. So here are the numbers:

Hotel : 129/night /2 + 12% tax X 4 nights = 288.96

Registration: 25

Banquet: 50

Total: 363.96

Keep in mind that there are other expense associated with attending
convention, such as hotel restaurant food which is always a bit pricy. If we
have a goal that each member attending convention will receive $500, there
will be a bit over $135 the person can use for whatever other expenses
arise! Now for the sobering statistic: 20 members at $500/ea. = $10,000 - a
very ambitious goal. Is it better to have such a goal and miss it rather
than to have a low goal and accomplish it? With this information, the
chapter can make some comments and suggestions!

Fraternally yours,

Marion