[NFBFTtreasure-Coast] May Meeting

joe joechite.com joe at joechite.com
Tue Mar 28 10:48:42 UTC 2023

Hi all! Our May fitness guy isn’t going to work out. I’m working on a different one for the summer. So with that in mind, we are thinking in May we are going to do a little Share and Tell session as well as an excerpt or two from My Heart is Not Blind.

So i could use some help with Share and Tell ideas. For example, i was thinking how many of you use a cane? How many don’t? How many don’t because they’ve never been shown how, or there’s a stigma attached to it? Wanna try a cane that day and bang on some things with it? I can share my personal tips how i navigate. And i can also share stories of failure where i get jammed up or lost momentarily and how or why that can happen.

How do you navigate the day? Do you have any fun “inventions” you’ve made or use around the house to help you get through the day? What are they? Try to think of something. We all have them, even if we don’t always think about them. Our house has secret clear dots on some appliances, for example. No one would notice them unless they touched our stove but they are there and they are an essential part of my daily toolkit.

Try to come up with ideas and thoughts. We can discuss this again at the end of the April meeting to remind everyone. But let’s lean in and help each other with tips and tricks we all use.

All the best, see you guys in a couple weeks for April elections.

-Joe