[Nfbj] Blindness and shemirat negiah

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Fri Jun 12 19:12:26 UTC 2009

Yes, there is an umbrella of special circumstances, but a Rav should be
consulted.  When I asked one Rav if I could carry my white cane outside on
Shabbos before we had an eruv he said only if I used it in the house.  I
used the cane a few hours a week in the house and went on my merry way on
Shabbos.  He was quoting the Halacha.  Judith