[Nfbk] NFB Philosophy

Nickie Pearl njp at insightbb.com
Thu Aug 11 13:01:49 UTC 2011

Obviously, if someone has a medical condition that can be deadly, sure, they
may want to take the steps to let people know.  If your only issue is
blindness , I do not see the need.  I would not wear one.  To each their own
but as a whole blind people don't need them.
I've been in situations with Migraines in the ER where the doc asks me to
follow his finger with my eyes...I simply say "I'm blind and can not see
your finger"  The doc will move on to a different type of test.
The person who left the message on our bulletin board, means well but is not
blind and is not around the NFB enough to get it.  I've thought alot about
her message over the past few days and after calming down I believe she may
advocate in a different way then us.  I know our blindness is different than
her issues and if she is so concerned about what we are doing or not doing,
I invite her to join us more than once a year and really find out what the
NFB is all about.

Thank You!
NIckie