[Nfbk] NFBGL Halloween Party

Melanie Peskoe melaniepeskoe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 20:48:38 UTC 2013

Hello fellow Federationists!

I am attaching a flier for the upcoming NFBGL and KSB parent student staff
organization (PSS0) Halloween Party. I'd like to ask for your help in
spreading the word to any blind or visually impaired children that you may
know of. While this is a child-centered Halloween party I would like to
encourage you all to come out and help by volunteering to help run an
activity or game, handing out candy for the trick-or-treating, greeting
parents and families of the children, and other tasks as well. We need to
really band together for this event to help show the parents of these kids
that blindness really can be reduced to a mere nuisance with the proper
training and alternative techniques. Here are the details for the party. It
will be on Thursday October 24 from 6:30-8:30 pm (workers should arrive at
6:00) in the recreation building on the campus of KSB (1867 Frankfort
Avenue. Costumes are encouraged, but not too scary please! If you can
contribute a bag of candy for trick-or-treating it would be much
appreciated. Please feel free to call me with any questions at 262-1403. I
look forward to serving with many of you at the Halloween party!

Thanks so much,

Melanie

PS - If you'd like to make a tax deductible donation to the NFB for our Meet
the Blind Month fundraising efforts during the month of October, you can do
so via text message. Simply send a text to 41444 and enter the word BLIND,
your donation amount, and your name in the body of the  message - then hit
send! You will receive a reply message with a  link to complete your
donation via credit or debit card.

Melanie Peskoe, President

National Federation of the Blind of Greater Louisville

For more information:

Phone 502-495-7130

Facebook www.facebook.com/nfbgl

Technology Assistance Division www.nfbkentuckytad.org

Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further

Donate your car to benefit the National Federation of the Blind today!

For more information, please visit: http://
<http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> www.carshelpingtheblind.org or call
1-855-659-9314