[Nfbk] Important Information for NFBGL upcoming events

Melanie Peskoe melaniepeskoe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 13:58:11 UTC 2013

Hello all - if you are planning to attend and/or volunteer at any of the
remaining Meet the Blind Month events with the Greater Louisville chapter
please read on for important information.

On Wednesday October 23 we will be hosting a table at the McDowell Center
Open House from 10:00am to 3:00pm. The address is 8412 Westport Rd.

On Thursday October 24 we will cohost a Halloween Party with the Parent
Staff Student Organization of the Kentucky School for the Blind. We need
people to help with activities and crafts from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. We also
need people to help set up and clean up. If you'd rather do that just come
early and stay a little late to lend a hand. We are asking if you're able to
please bring a bag of candy to hand out during the "trick or treating" part
of the evening (we will have stations around the campus for kids to walk
through and get candy. The Greater Louisville chapter will provide all craft
materials and some candy as well.

Lastly, on Saturday October 26 we will have a booth at the 10th Annual
Bardstown Bound Boo-Fest from 2pm to 8pm. We will be located in the parking
lot of the William Dean Salon at 1265 Bardstown Rd. (across the street from
Mid-City Mall). Traffic will be open on Bardstown road, so getting to the
parking lot should not be a problem. We need a lot of help for this event.
If you can volunteer for 2-3 hours it would be much appreciated. We would
like to demonstrate Braille, cane and/or dog travel, do tactile activities
with kids and hand out lots of NFB literature and candy. We will also have a
50/50 raffle at this event and proceeds will go toward our pledge to the
national office of the NFB. Please email or call me at 262-1403 if you would
like to volunteer. Let me know what time you can work and if you can bring
anything like a Braille writer, slate and stylus, magnifier, monocular, etc.

We've had some ambitious goals this month with all these events, but
together we can make this a successful Meet the Blind Month campaign.
Together we are changing what it means to be blind in Louisville, Kentucky!

Thank you for your continued support,

Melanie

--

If you'd like to make a tax deductible donation to the NFB for our Meet the
Blind Month fundraising efforts during the month of October, you can do so

Melanie Peskoe, President

National Federation of the Blind of Greater Louisville

For more information:

Phone 502-495-7130

Facebook www.facebook.com/nfbgl

Technology Assistance Division www.nfbkentuckytad.org
<http://www.nfbkentuckytad.org/>

Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further

Donate your car to benefit the National Federation of the Blind today!

For more information, please visit: http://
<http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> www.carshelpingtheblind.org or call
1-855-659-9314