[Nfbk] FW: Every Student Succeeds Act regulatory comments on Title I

Todd E. Stephens todde.stephens at windstream.net
Thu Jul 21 18:39:59 UTC 2016

FYI,

Todd

Please read the following on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, As Amended By the Every Student Succeeds Act: Accountability and State Plans; and Title I-Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged-Academic Assessments.

Accountability Comments: Docket ID ED-2016-OESE-0032, https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=ED-2016-OESE-0032-0001

The Secretary proposes to amend the regulations implementing programs under title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA) to implement changes to the ESEA by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) enacted on December 10, 2015. The Secretary also proposes to update the current ESEA general regulations to include requirements for the submission of State plans under ESEA programs, including optional consolidated State plans.

Comments are to be submitted on or before August 1, 2016 on www.regulations.gov and please use the Docket ID listed above to search for where to submit the comments or use the links provided above.

Assessment Comments: Docket ID ED-2016-OESE-0053, https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=ED-2016-OESE-0053-0001

The Secretary proposes to amend the regulations governing programs administered under title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (ESEA). The proposed regulations would implement recent changes to the assessment requirements of title I of the ESEA made by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Unless otherwise specified, references to the ESEA mean the ESEA, as amended by the ESSA.

Comments are to be submitted on or before September 9, 2016 on www.regulations.gov and please use the Docket ID listed above to search for where to submit the comments or use the links provided above.

Attached are comments being submitted by our national partner, ATAP (Assocation of Assistive Technology Act Programs) based on feedback from all of the statewide AT Act programs.

I strongly encourage you to read over this and submit any comments that you might have. If you would like to submit comments to me to submit on behalf of the KATS Network Advisory Council, please do so by July 29th, 2016.

Thank you

Jimmy Brown

Coordinator

KATS Network