[NFBK] I would like to hear other's opinions

Cathy Jackson cathyj1949 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 20:52:36 UTC 2020

Good Afternoon All,
First of all I do not know if there has been an incident that prompted the
NFB Code of Contact to be sent out at this time or not. However, a victim
who has been violated should always call the authorities first. There is
nothing in this policy that suggests otherwise.
Secondly, in this day and age all organizations, churches, schools,
universities, businesses and the like are strongly encouraged to have a
written policy on file that will outline the procedures that will be
followed when allegations of misconduct are brought. Thus is probably why
we all have been forced to read so many of these.
Finally, any organization has the right to expel a member, employee,
student, athlete, or anyone associated with an establishment when they
believe they have displayed conduct that does not meet their standards.
This is why it is even more important to outline specific policies, and
procedures detailing the actions to be taken in order to make a
determination regarding the validity of the case before them.
I hope this explanation helps clear up the reasoning behind the necessity
for a code of contact.
Cathy