[NFBKTAD] 2018 TAD Business Meeting Minutes

Todd Stephens todde.stephens at windstream.net
Thu Sep 19 16:21:38 UTC 2019

Good Afternoon:

Please review the minutes from last year's business meeting prepared by
Angela. We will not have time to read this year given our full agenda. TAD
Business Meeting date and time: Friday, 9/20/19 from 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM.

Regards,

Todd

Todd E. Stephens, President

NFB Kentucky TAD

Technology Assistance Division Annual Business Meeting

October 14, 2018

Meeting Called to order at 9:10 am by Todd Stephens, President.

First Order of Business: Old Business; Secretary report. Angela Henderson
read the minutes from last year's TAD business meeting. A motion was made by
Jayne Seif and seconded by Scott Spaulding to accept the minutes as read.
Motion passed unanimously.

Treasurers Report was given by Hellena Emory. Report is for the dates of

Sept 1, 2017 through Sept 30, 2018. The beginning

Balance was $1,464.99. The income generated over the year was $2,335.67. The
expenses were $1,866.00. Ending balance was 1,934.66. There were three
checks written totaling 532.11. The ending balance as of 10/14/18 was
1,402.55. Motion was Made by Nickie Pearl and seconded by Angela Henderson
to accept report as read, motion passed unanimously.

Cathy Jackson made a comment from the floor to thank the TAD board and
Division for their contributions to the state affiliate as a part of every
fundraising effort made by this division.

Nickie Pearl served as nominating chair. Kevin Pearl and Tonya Gatton served
on committee.

Slate of officers presented by committee to the floor is as follows:

Todd Stephens - President

Sandra Williams - Vice President

Angela Henderson - Secretary

Hellena Emory- Treasurer

Danielle Burton-Program Manager

Scott Spaulding - Communications Manager

Cindy Smith- Board Member

All nominations presented to the floor from committee were approved
unanimously.

Todd Stephens - president discussed the importance of the technology
division having the duty to help blind students see their potential in
regards to assistive technology to help them succeed in their futures.

Todd opened the floor for discussion by asking the assembly how they see the
future of our division and the objectives we need for future endeavors.

Sandra Williams discussed reaching out to individuals who are newly blind to
ensure they are receiving the training they need for success in daily life,
whether they are on a career track or not. Sandra suggested creating some
sort of event for that. Angela added onto what Sandra expressed. Todd
discussed the turn out of the job fair, not all registered vendors attended
but it created a more intimate atmosphere to get job seekers and potential
employers together and interacting. Sandra articulated that our job fair
served as training purposes for many groups of individuals from job seekers,
to pre-Ed's, to newly blind individuals who were not quite ready for
employment.

A motion was made by Angela Henderson and seconded by Cindy to have a TAD
symposium Job fair as outreach for our community. The motion passed
unanimously.

Todd opened the floor for discussion; having none, a motion was made for
adjournment by Nickie Pearl and Seconded by Hellena Emory.

Meeting adjourned at 10:15 am.

Respectfully submitted;

Angela Henderson,

Secretary NFBK Technology Assistance Division

---