[NFBKTAD] Newspaper Obituaries

NFBK First Vice President todd.stephens at nfbofky.org
Tue Jul 6 20:13:51 UTC 2021

Debbie,

What Dave says is very true, but there are other serious issues with certain newspapers regarding obits where the obits do not show for several days like in the Lexington Herald Leader. I suspect that the South Bend Paper could be in this category…maybe not.

Because Legacy.com is a third party provider of obits, it would be best to contact the paper to let them know that their RSS feed is continuously missing obits, if this is the case. This is an action to take if it becomes a regular occurrence. This is not a NFB-NEWSLINE issue, it is the owner of the paper’s issue, rather that be an individual or syndicate group. Legacy is a third party or contractor for most of the newspapers across the country. Their relationship is with the newspaper so it is up to them to get it rectified. NFB-NEWSLINE can not upload what is not there.

I will notify Bob Watson to advise since it could be a simple notification.

Todd