[Nfbmd] E-Mailing Delegates and Senators

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Sat Feb 6 20:50:33 UTC 2010

I don't know how well they respond to e-mails, but this might work:

Go to the Maryland Legislative Information Service website,
  Mlis.state.md.us
And find the link called "Contact a Legislator".  This contact page has a
combo box at the top with the delegates and senators in alphabetical order.
Select one and activate the "Send e-mail" button.  This should start your
default e-mail program in the body of a message addressed to that senator or
delegate.  Fill in your text, but also shift-Tab so you can set the Subject:
field appropriately for the issue.

MLIS is also where you can go to get the status and text of bills, hearing
schedules, and find out who your senator and delegates are, based on your
address.  I think it's a very accessible website, packed with information.
They also do a good job of keeping it current.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls