[Nfbmd] tips on navigating the Carousell Hotel with a cane

Debbie Brown 63characters at comcast.net
Mon Oct 24 10:24:15 UTC 2011

It's a fairly easy hotel to get around.  When you go in the front door,
there is a small lobby, with the front desk on the right and the elevators
on the left.  In front of you is a set of glass doors, often open, that goes
into the atrium.  The atrium contains the ice rink, where there is usually
music.  As you go through the doors to the atrium, four meeting rooms are on
the left--the Washington, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia.  (I may have the
order wrong.)  the Pennsylvania room is on the right.  The meetings are
usually in the Maryland and Virginia rooms, which are the farthest from the
entrance.

On the right, there is an area with tables and chairs.  Beyond that, going
around to your right, there is a set of steps going up to the restaurant.
There is also a small shop where you can buy ice cream and other unhealthy
goodies.

the ice rink is in the middle, so you are always walking around it.  There
are many plants along the wall, so unless I am looking for a specific
doorway, I stay closer to the middle.  The registration table and any other
tables are usually in front of the meeting rooms.

Debbie Brown