[Nfbmd] Columbia Protest

NFBMD nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 19:18:01 UTC 2012

Hello all,

We had a fine protest in Columbia.  We were on the medium so anyone who came
to any of the fifteen stores and restaurants could see us.  The traffic of
cars was nonstop.  Many of the drivers honked and called out encouragement.
We distributed 200 pamphlets.  GoodWill also gave anyone who came into the
store one of their pamphlets too.  A few customers gave us the GoodWill
propaganda and many of them said they would not be shopping at Goodwill.

After the protest we had a great picnic. Many thanks to all of our chapter
members and friends who participated and to the four people from the BISM
core rehab program who also lent us a hand.

Darlene Barrett and Pam Goodman took the prize for best slogans. As we
chanted, twenty cents an hour won't buy the bacon.

Sharon Maneki