[Nfbmd] hiring a driver

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Mon May 20 00:13:13 UTC 2013

Miss Susan,

Most blind people I have talked with usually pay for their driver's gas
and/or reimburse them for some other expense they might incur while driving
their blind employer. I have also heard of blind people taking their
drivers/readers out to lunch or dinner. Someone with more personal
experience with this may be able to provide you with more information, but
these are the suggestions I have heard. I would imagine that there are
myriad ways to reimburse drivers-paying for their gym membership, buying
them lunch or dinner, paying for gas, etc. It all depends on the purposes
for which you are hiring the driver.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Chris Nusbaum, Co-Chair