[NFBMD] National Federation of the Blind of Maryland is celebrating teachers of blind students!

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Wed Apr 27 12:27:22 UTC 2022

April 27, 2022

To whom it may concern:

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland, the transformative membership and advocacy organization of blind Marylanders, wants to celebrate teacher's appreciation week by recognizing the important role that you, our state's dedicated teachers of blind students, play in the lives of blind children and youth. As a token of our appreciation, we would like to enter your name into a drawing to receive a gift from us during teacher's appreciation week. The raffle will take place May 2-6, 2022. Names will be drawn daily, a call will be made to each instructor who wins the raffle, and the gift will be mailed to each recipient. To enter, please fill out the form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfgZJ5-vR-UbM7ZoykdwuFGfIJkFCNECdzkceDZS0A-hfM79g/viewform.

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland also wants to be a resource for you, your students, and their families. We offer services and programs for blind and low-vision students including preparing students and families for the transition from elementary school to middle school, preparing for and adjusting to high school, scholarships for students seeking higher education, and obtaining employment. We also have a national division for professionals in blindness education, which serves as a network for teachers of blind students.

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland has chapters across the state where blind people connect, share information, and advocate for our rights through monthly meetings and other activities. We warmly welcome professionals like you.

The Maryland Association of Blind Students (MDABS), a division of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland, supports the success of blind scholars. The goal of this division is to provide information, support, and encouragement to students in grades K-12, college, and post-graduate studies. We connect students statewide and provide opportunities to discuss issues that specifically affect blind students while making a difference for future blind scholars.

The Maryland Organization of Parents of Blind Children, another division of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland, consists of parents who believe in the capabilities of blind people. They provide support to new parents of blind children that is informed by the experiences of successful blind youth and adults.

Through the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland, students, parents, and teachers also have opportunities to meet and network with others through our annual national and state conventions.

We hope you will share this information with your students, and that you will consider becoming a member of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland. If you have any questions, please contact the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland by calling (443) 426-4110 or emailing us at greaterbaltimore at nfbmd.org<mailto:greaterbaltimore at nfbmd.org>.

With gratitude for your service,

Ronza Othman, President

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org
Twitter: @rlawyer
Pronouns: he, him, his
[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer