[NFBMD] Blind and low-vision adults needed for research study on webpage design tool

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Wed Mar 2 22:16:16 UTC 2022

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Technologies such as voice-over and screen readers have enabled blind users to consume web content. However, there are no proper tools that allow blind users to create a webpage. The research team at the University of Maryland College Park is working on a web design tool that aims to help blind users design web pages by themselves.

We are now recruiting participants to evaluate the web design tool prototype for a user study. Our study has been approved by UMD IRB Package # 1779734-2. The participants in the study will learn how to use our prototype tool and have the chance to create a web page on their own.

Qualified participants: Blind adults or adults with significantly low vision.

Time required: about 90 minutes but no more than two hours

Compensation: $20 per hour (amazon gift cards)

Location: The default place is UMD Iribe Center, Address: 8125 Paint Branch Dr, College Park, MD  20742. If preferred, the research team will also be able to conduct the user study at the participant's place or designated locations.

Please sign up for the study by clicking the sign-up form<https://forms.gle/zM1mqoAiq31xJwYx6>.

For more information about the study, please visit the Tangible Grid<https://sites.google.com/umd.edu/tangible-grid/home> website or contact:

  *   Jiasheng Li
  *   jsli at umd.edu<mailto:jsli at umd.edu>