[NFBMD] Blind and Low Vision adults needed for research: Improving Virtual Reality Accessibility for Blind and Low-Vision Users

Sherry Shirek sshirek at nfb.org
Tue Aug 29 18:27:16 UTC 2023

Greetings,

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Study: Improving Virtual Reality Accessibility for Blind and Low-Vision Users

Would you like to participate in a paid research study aimed at improving the accessibility of virtual reality? The research team at the University of Maryland is investigating accessible approaches for making virtual reality more usable for blind and low-vision individuals through the use of haptics. We are recruiting people who are blind or have low vision and who are interested in or have experience with, virtual reality. During the study, participants will have the opportunity to test a new prototype that applies haptic feedback to the back of the user's hand as cues in a virtual reality environment. Your feedback will greatly assist our research team in gaining a better understanding of the device and how to improve it for future use.

Time required: 90 to 120 minutes
Location: Participants' preferred places, or University of Maryland, College Park.
Compensation: $30 USD per hour (Cash or gift cards)
Sign up now:
https://forms.gle/jDaMoYy2g9VUqzs8A
For more information, visit our research website:
https://sites.google.com/umd.edu/vraccessibility/home

Sherry Shirek
Project Assistant
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
410-659-9314, extension 2527 | sshirek at nfb.org<mailto:sshirek at nfb.org>

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer