[NFBMD] Seeking Attendees for 2024 Day in Annapolis

Maryland President president at nfbmd.org
Sun Dec 24 18:28:55 UTC 2023

Federation Family,

We are seeking as many people to come to Annapolis to advocate for our
legislative priorities in our Annual Day in Annapolis as possible.  We will
be going to Annapolis for a single day in person on January 18, 2024.

Debbie Brown will coordinate transportation from New Carrollton Rail
Station, and I will coordinate transportation from the NFB National Center.

We will begin our day by arriving around 7:45AM in Annapolis, meaning
transportation will leave New Carrollton and Baltimore at least an hour
before that.  Participants will be assigned to teams of 3 - 4 individuals,
and each team will attend at least ten appointments, but more likely closer
to 15.  Lunch is available for purchase at the Senate Cantina, or folks can
bring their own.  We will debrief over dinner at Buddy's.  Participants
should plan to bring $25 for dinner, cash required.

The goal of our NFB of Maryland Day in Annapolis is to educate our elected
representatives in the Maryland General Assembly about our priorities as
blind and low vision Marylanders.  We will meet with 188 elected officials
that day, so we need your help.

We will hold a training via Zoom on January 15, 2024 at 7PM using the
affiliate Zoom.  Team Leaders will be assigned and will have a separate
training in addition to the one on January 15.

If you plan to attend the 2024 Day in Annapolis, please email me - off-list
- at President at nfbmd.org <mailto:President at nfbmd.org> , text me, or leave me
a voicemail - with your name, your legislative district number if you know
it, whether or not you need transportation, whether from the NFB or the New
Carrollton Rail Station, confirmation that you will eat at Buddy's, and
whether you need any reasonable accommodations.  You must tell me if you
plan to attend by January 6, 2024.  Those of you who have already told me
you plan to attend should send a note with the additional requested
information.

We will share our legislative priorities and fact sheets in the next few
weeks - we are finalizing some of the details.

Thanks for all you do - 2024 will be an incredible legislative session for
NFBMD.

Yours,

Ronza

Ronza Othman, President