[NFBMD] Fwd: [Greater-Baltimore] It's All Together Now Summer Fun!

Chikodinaka Oguledo lovenwantintin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 16:31:42 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: LASHAWN MYLES -MSL- via Greater-Baltimore <greater-baltimore at nfbnet.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 10:43:03 -0400
Subject: [Greater-Baltimore] It's All Together Now Summer Fun!
To: "Sligo Creek Chapter list, NFB of Maryland" <md-sligo at nfbnet.org>,
Maryland Parents of Blind Children List <mdpobc at nfbnet.org>,
greater-baltimore at nfbnet.org, Maryland Association of Blind Students
Cc: LASHAWN MYLES -MSL- <lashawn.myles at maryland.gov>

Hello Summer Readers,
It's time for the Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled's
2023 Summer Reading Program! Our theme this year is "All Together Now".
This summer we have more activities and events planned for you and your
family.   Prizes, author talks from The National Library Service, a
community drumming circle, and much, much more. Registration is open, so
get ready! I'm excited to have you again for summer reading! I'm your
contact person for this program.  If you have any questions, please don't
be afraid to ask.

*How Do I Sign Up?*

   - Use this registration link: https://forms.gle/ZhXMkswPxfJN83iE7, *OR*
   - Return the summer reading registration form to
   kidsdesk.lbpd at maryland.gov, *OR*
   - Call 410-230-2424, and select option 8 to leave your name, phone
   number, and request a call back.

*How Do I Participate?*
Participants can enter into prize drawings by completing activities, such
as reading books, writing book reviews on Beanstack, or attending programs
at the library, either in person or virtually. Prizes will include gift
cards, toys, tech gadgets, local event passes, or games.

*Do:*
Complete your summer reading Bingo game board. (Earn one raffle entry.)
Write a review for a book on Beanstack. (Earn one raffle entry per review
for up to five books.)
Attend any of the National Library Service’s virtual summer author talks or
performances. (Earn one raffle entry for each event you attend.)
Participate or attend Maryland LBPD summer events or activities to gain
more entries into additional raffle drawings.

*Record:*
Remember to track your progress!  There are several ways you can share your
progress with me over the summer.
Return your Bingo game board through the mail by Friday, August 18th, to
earn a completion prize and entry into a raffle, *OR*
Email your game board or your completed summer reading books and activities
to kidsdesk.lbpd at maryland.gov by Friday, August 18th, *OR*
Complete the program on Beanstack
<https://marylandlbph.beanstack.org/reader365> by Friday, August 18th, *OR*
Call 410-230-2424, option 8, to leave your summer reading books and
activities. Don't forget to include your name and phone number.

*June's Make and Take Activity*: We send the activity.  You complete it and
earn entries!
We are making Amish Friendship Bread!
Each month, you and your friends and family can come together with a Summer
Take and Make Activity. All you have to do is:

   - Register here for the Take and Make activity
   <https://forms.gle/iqHibcC6DBGNXpQH8> for each month.
   - Have fun with your family or friends completing the activity.
   - Send a photo of your completed activity or project to
   kidsdesk.lbpd at maryland.gov.
   - Finally, earn an additional chance for a raffle entry.

For the month of June, we are making Amish Friendship Bread. Having an
active starter on hand is a must. It’s usually passed from person to
person, so each bag of starter carries with it a little bit of love from
the previous kitchen (as well as any kitchen before that). The library will
supply the yeast and directions for making your starter pack. Then, you
make the starter and create a delicious treat to share with friends and
family. Don’t forget to send us your most creatively-made friendship bread
recipes to share with our LBPD friends!
If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

*Upcoming Summer Reading Events*
We are a few weeks away from the start of our “All Together Now” Summer
Reading Program. Join us on Zoom for our exciting kick-off program! NLS
Director Jason Broughton will open the very first NLS Summer Reading
Program with welcoming remarks, followed by Librarian of Congress Dr. Carla
Hayden, who will read a children’s book for our young participants.
Afterward, we will have fun singing and moving to the music provided by
Matt Mazur of Turtle Dance Music. [Virtual] *This program will be
livestreamed only and will not be recorded.
To register for the kick-off use the following link:
 https://loc.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_DI61uTmpSDenX0PhZoxtPw
<https://loc.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_DI61uTmpSDenX0PhZoxtPw>

To find out what else is happening throughout the summer, review the
attached Summer Reading Events or visit our website
<https://www.marylandlibraries.org/Pages/LBPD%20Summer%20Reading%20Program.aspx>
.

Happy Reading,
~ LaShawn
Youth Librarian
--

LaShawn Myles

Youth Services Librarian

Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled

Maryland State Library

415 Park Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3603

410-230-2455 <(410)%20230-2454> (office)

410-333-2095 <(410)%20333-2095> (fax)

lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Click here
<https://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSL&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three question customer experience survey.

*Follow us on Social Media!*

   - Facebook - MDLBPD <https://www.facebook.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Twitter - MDLBPD <https://twitter.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Linked In - Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled
   <https://www.linkedin.com/company/64623671/admin/>
   - Blog- https://mdlbpd.blogspot.com/
   - MD LBPD OPAC  <https://mdlbpd.klas.com/index.jsf>(Catalog)

--